● Criminal background check (Done on or before the first day of class)
● Drug screen
● Blood pressure equipment (sphygmomanometer)
● Gait belt (transfer belt)
A $75.00 non-refundable deposit towards the tuition is required upon acceptance to
the program. You may make payment arrangements with our Program Director to pay the balance in installments if desired. Please note that the Certificate of Completion will be withheld until we are paid in full.
What is NOT included in the tuition:
● The Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) charges $106.00 for the test it gives to become a Certified Nursing Assistant.
● The OSBN conducts its own background check when a student has completed the Nursing Assistant Level 1 course and has applied to take the OSBN competency exam. It has a contract with a vendor called Fieldprint which charges $70.50.
● The OSBN requires that you complete a "Basic Life Support" CPR course through the American Heart Association. We offer the course at additional cost. You may find opportunities for the course in the community, but the OSBN will
not accept a card that does not say "Basic Life Support" on the card.
The card must have the American Heart Association logo on it.
If you choose to take the CPR course at another location, please check with your instructor to make sure the CPR class will meet the requirements.
● The Oregon Health Authority now requires a drug screen and a tuberculosis test. The drug screen is included in the tuition and is performed at the school. The tuberculin skin test MAY be included in the tuition, depending on the clinical site. This requirement should be discussed with your instructor.
● Scrubs (uniform) are worn while you are in the clinical setting. The scrubs may be any color, but must be stain-free and presentable. While scrubs need not be worn in the classroom they ARE required in the clinical setting. You should plan on spending $25 to $50 for scrubs.